✔ ✔ ✔ ✔
ME FA L L
RIN G UM R
Celery! QUICK FIX TIPS:
NUTRIENTS IN CELERY: • Create “ants on a log” by cutting celery
Vitamins: A and C. in 3-inch sections and spreading peanut
butter in the crease of the celery. Line
SELECTION: top of peanut butter with raisins!
Choose straight, rigid stalks with fresh • Combine chopped celery, mayonnaise
leaves. Avoid limp stalks. Should smell or mustard, and tuna or chicken. Serve
fresh, not musty. over whole wheat bread or a toasted
Refrigerate in a plastic bag for a week • Make a veggie tray! Include cut-up
or more. celery, carrots, cherry tomatoes,
broccoli, and snap peas on a platter.
Serve with dip, low-fat dressing, and
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cups of Fruits and
Serves: 6 Vegetables per Serving: ½
• 4½ cups sliced celery 1. Cut celery stalks into diagonal
• 2½ cups reduced-sodium slices about ¼-inch wide. Nutritional Information
canned chicken broth 2. In large saucepan, bring chicken per Serving:
• ½ cup chopped onion broth to full boil over HIGH heat. Calories:33; Total Fat:0.5g;
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley Add chopped onion with herbs Dietary Fiber:2g; Sodium:401mg
• 2 tsp dried leaf thyme, crushed and seasonings. Recipe is courtesy of Produce for Better
• 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed 3. Add sliced celery and return Health Foundation (PBH).
• ¼ tsp black pepper broth to simmer.
• ¼ tsp salt 4. Reduce heat and cook for 4-5
• ¾ tsp butter, for garnish minutes.
• 2 tsp chopped herbs, for garnish 5. Drain immediately and place in
a serving bowl.
6. Toss with butter and additional
herbs. Serve hot.
Your Logo Here