CIS 106, Spring 2008
EXERCISE 1 WORD TUTORIAL 2: THEMES AND STYLES
February 14, 2008
1. Download and open the file Gurus.
2. Format the entire document using the theme’s body font.
3. Format the second paragraph, the one that reads Computer Gurus as follows
a) Font Face: Magneto
b) Font Color: Blue
Make sure that the formatting isn’t affected by the theme settings.
4. Format the first line of the document using the theme’s heading font.
5. Apply the Title style to the first line of the document.
6. Apply the Heading 1 style to the lines that read We offer, Departments, and Testimonials.
7. Apply the Heading 2 style to the lines that read Expertise, Pay only for the service you
receive!, Service Agreements You Can Depend On, Certified Hardware Cleaning,
Certified Hardware Diagnostics.
8. Apply the Heading 2 style to the lines that read National Account Gurus, Business Repair
Gurus, Home Computer Repair Gurus, Remote Support Gurus, Data Recovery Gurus.
9. Put the list of hardware components (RAM (memory) up to Cooling fans) into a bulleted
10. Apply the Intense Quote Style to the three testimonials.
11. Choose the Elegant Style Set.
12. Choose the Technic theme.
13. As you can see the particular style set is left indented quite a lot. For the lines that you
formatted with the Heading 1 Style, decrease the indentation to a margin of 1 inch. Do
the same for the line that reads Computer Gurus (second line).
14. Also increase the indentation of the bulleted list such that it lines up with the rest of the