Marketing Career Project
CTAE - FS- 10 Career Development: Learners plan and manage academic-career
plans and employment relations.
FBLA Standard: This project satisfies Activity 14 of the Future Business Achievement Award (BAA).
Why is career research important?
Have your career goals changed since you were a young child?
Why are short term and long term goals important to set?
Navigating through GACollege411:
1. Logon to www.gacollege411.org
2. Click Career Planning tab
3. Scroll down to Explore Careers and click link
4. On the Explore Careers page, scroll down to Career Clusters/Program Concentrations section
5. For Marketing careers, click: Marketing, Sales & Services
6. Be sure to check out the other Pathways within the Marketing Cluster:
a. Fashion Marketing
b. Marketing & Management
c. Marketing Communication & Promotion
d. Sports & Entertainment Marketing
e. Travel Marketing & Lodging Management
7. Select a career to research within the Marketing Cluster.
Directions: Compose and type a one-page report in MLA style on any one marketing career that
interests you. The report must consist of complete sentences and well-structured paragraphs. Do Not
just use bullets. The report must include the following:
A brief description of the career
The work interests and work values of someone in this career
Basic and other skills needed in this career
What educational requirements are needed?
What is the average annual wage and hourly wage in Georgia? In Columbus or Atlanta?
The finished report must consist of:
Title page/cover sheet: Title of career, Your name, Course name, Teacher’s name, Date
Reference page: list sources