Dog Park Feasibility Study August, 2008
Dog Exercise Area Location:
Respondent Zip Code:
1. How often do you typically visit a dog exercise area per week? per month?
2. How far do you travel or would you travel to use a dog exercise area?
up to 5 miles
up to 10 miles
up to 20 miles
greater than 20 miles
3. Please rank your personal level of importance for reasons that you may consider when
deciding which dog exercise area to visit by ranking them between 1 and 5, with 1 being
of least importance, and 5 of most importance.
Proximity to home.
Size of park.
Social gathering. (Meeting friends, etc.)
4. Considering how much you pay to use Dane County dog exercise facilities, how would
you rate your overall level of satisfaction?
5. Please rank your personal level of importance for the following dog park features by
ranking them between 1 and 5, with 1 being of least importance, and 5 of most
Hard surface walking trails
Dog playground equipment
Small dog areas
Large, open areas (not mown) such as prairies or woods
6. If Dane County Parks were to develop another dog exercise area closer to your
residence that was similar in characteristics to the facility you currently visit most often
(Check all that apply:)
Use the new facility instead of the existing area.
Use both areas.
Use whichever was least crowded.
Not sure, I’d have to use the new area before deciding.
7. What would you consider to be the best dog exercise area you have ever visited?
(Does not have to be a Dane County facility.)