Remedies for sore throat
Tags: inflammation, Throat, viral infection, Chills, lymph glands, pepper, tea
<title> Remedies for sore throat</title>
inflammation, Throat, viral
<meta name="keywords" content="
infection, Chills, lymph glands, pepper, tea " />
Sore Throat is an
<meta name="description" content="
inflammation of throat caused by a viral infection, and
often develops with a cold or the flu. It occurs frequently
when a person has a cold or an attack of influenza " />
Sore Throat is an inflammation of throat caused by a viral infection, and often develops
with a cold or the flu. It occurs frequently when a person has a cold or an attack of
Following are the major sore throat symptoms:
1. Irritation of throat
2. Chills and fever
3. Pain in the throat
4. Swollen and tender lymph glands
5. Difficulty in swallowing
Natural Home Remedies for Sore Throat
1. Add lemon juice and some honey, to a glass of hot water. Drink this. It will give
immediate relief from pain.
2. Cut a lemon into 2 pieces. Take one piece and put some salt and black pepper on it,
press with a knife so that salt-pepper penetrates into the lime. Put the lemon on heat to
make it warm. Slowly lick this lemon squeezing it until no juice remains. Do it 2-3 times
3. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to 1 cup of boiling water; stir well and sip slowly.
It is also good for sore throat cure.
4. Prepare a tea by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile blossoms to a pint of
boiling water; steep and drink a cup every few hours.
5. Gargle with warm salt water. It is an effective natural remedy for sore throat.
6. You can also gargle with Aloe Vera juice two times daily. It is also an effective home
remedy for sore throat.
7. Chew some garlic pieces. It is an effective sore throat treatment.
8. Prepare marshmallow root tea by adding 1 tablespoon of the dried root to a cup. Add a
cup (8 ounces) of boiling water, steep it covered for at least 10 minutes then strain. Drink
up to 3 cups a day.
9. Prepare honeysuckle tea. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil. . Add 1 cup of honeysuckle
flowers (not the leaves). Steep for at least 10 minutes, covered, and then strain. Sweeten
with honey if desired. Drink up to 4 cups a day.
10. Water boiled with basil leaves should be taken as a drink, and also used as a gargle to
relieve a sore throat. It is also effective in sore throat treatment.