Climb or Die
• Go to this website:
• -Follow the directions and prompts to create a
Venn diagram that compares the climb of Jake
and Danielle in “Climb or Die” to the climb of
Hillary and Norgay in “Battling Everest”.
• - Be sure to include 3 details in each section of
your Venn diagram
• - When your diagram is complete, you may
print it ONE TME ONLY . . . So make sure it’s
exactly how you want it.
• Use Microsoft Word to complete
a problem-solution chart for these
two stories. Your chart should be Story Problem Solution
similar to the one you see here.
You should include at least 2
problems/solutions from each
story but you are not limited to
that! The more work you put
forth, the better grade you will
• When finished, save your
document-make sure your name
and your partner’s name (first or
last is ok) are part of the title. For
example, if Mrs. Dawes and Mrs.
Moore were partners, our
document would be titled:
• Answer the following questions in your Word document
from Activity 2. Be sure to restate the question in your
1. On pg 90, the article is introduced by this statement:
”Could the two climbers conquer the killer mountain?“
Using details from the selection, support the author’s
decision to describe Mount Everest as a “killer
2. Why do you think Hillary and Norgay were willing to
risk their lives to make the climb? Use details from the
selection to support your answer.
3. In “Battling Everest”, the author says “They had
reached the roof of the world”. Explain what that
statement means and explain which clues from the
passage helped you figure out the meaning.