Hispanic Community Partnership Scholarship Program
Tomas Espinoza/CPLC Scholarship Application
Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc. (CPLC) is a statewide community development corporation (CDC), committed to building stronger,
healthier communities as a lead advocate, coalition builder and direct service provider. CPLC promotes positive change and self-
sufficiency to enhance the quality of life for the benefit of those we serve.
The CPLC/Tomas Espinoza Scholarship Program
The primary goal of the Tomas Espinoza/CPLC Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance and support to outstanding
Arizona Chicano/ Latino students to attend and graduate from Arizona State University. To date, more than 880 scholarships have
been awarded with a total value of more than $3, 000,000.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
1. Incoming freshmen or graduate of an Arizona High School or Arizona GED Program.
2. Pursuing first undergraduate degree at Arizona State University.
3. Enrolled full-time (15 or more credit hours per semester).
4. Freshmen - top 20 % of high school graduating class.
5. ASU students/transfer student - minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
6. Cannot be receiving other ASU institutional merit scholarships. Accepting this scholarship may result in changes to your
ASU financial aid package.
7. This scholarship may be used toward educational expenses including tuition & fees, housing, books and other costs of
8. Be an Arizona resident for tuition purposes (residency is determined at the time of application to ASU).
Scholarship may be used toward educational expenses including tuition, fees, books, housing.
CURRENT RECIPIENT RENEWAL CRITERIA
1. Completed a minimum 24 credit hours fall/spring.
2. Maintained a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
3. Completed a minimum of forty (40) hours of community service
4. Twenty (20) hours of the 40 community service hours must be completed at a CPLC related program or event.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND CHECKLIST
1. Application can be neatly hand written or typed. Application form may be copied.
2. Provide a copy of the most recent unofficial grade transcript.
3. Submit a TYPED personal statement (maximum of 2 pages double-spaced). Please include the following information in your
Brief family history
Community involvement, leadership and/or volunteer activities
Academic achievements and honors scholarships received. (Include dates and amounts awarded)
Career plans & educational goals including major course of study.
Description of how the scholarship award will be utilized to fulfill your educational goals.
4. Successful recipients of this scholarship must agree to do a minimum of 40 hours of community service of which 20 hours
must be completed at a CPLC related program or event.
Name (Last, First, MI) 10 digit ASU Affiliate ID#
Permanent Mailing Address: City St. Zip Code
Area Code Telephone number Email Address APPLICATIONS MUST BE
□ Arizona High School Graduate or GED Graduate: ______Yes ______No
Current Status: FEBRUARY 1, 2010
□ Incoming Freshman □ Continuing ASU Student
□ Community College Transfer □ Current CPLC Scholarship Recipient
Major Course of Study _______________________Expected Graduation Date____________ MAIL APPLICATIONS TO:
Current School or Most Recent School Attended: (Must attach unofficial grade transcript) Chicanos Por La Causa
1112 E. Buckeye Rd.
____________________________________________/_______________________________ Phoenix AZ. 85034
School Listed Above is a:
□ High School _____________________________________Graduation Date____________
□ College________________________________________ Dates Attended_____________ For additional information
The Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of educational MAURINA MOXHAM
records that the University maintains about me. By signing below, I give permission for Arizona State
University to disclose to the donor and any review committee the information provided in connection 602-253-9533
with this scholarship application for the purpose of the review of my application, and the administration
and promotion of the scholarship program. This may include information from my educational records
such as my official transcript, letters of recommendation, and financial aid information. This permission
is granted for each semester I am awarded a scholarship from the Latino Community Scholarship
Partnership. All applications remain confidential and become the property of The Latino Community Frank Granillo
Scholarship Partnership Program.
Application is available online at