Docstoc

_COMMODITY_ TASK GROUP MINUTES

Document Sample
_COMMODITY_ TASK GROUP MINUTES Powered By Docstoc
					                                                                         OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
                                                                                    JUNE 2011
                                    UNCONFIRMED MINUTES
                                         JUNE 21, 2011
                                    Grand Connaught Rooms
                                       London, England


These minutes are not final until confirmed by the Committee in writing or by vote at a
subsequent meeting. Information herein does not constitute a communication or
recommendation from the Committee and shall not be considered as such by any agency.

TUESDAY, 21 JUNE 2011

1.0    OPENING COMMENTS

1.1    Call to Order / Quorum Check

       The Oversight Committee was called to order at 2:00 PM by Frank Mariot, Chair.
       The meeting was restricted to Committee members as well as NMC members and invited
       guests.

       A quorum was established with the following representatives in attendance:

       Subscriber Members/Participants Present (* Indicates Voting Member)

            NAME                             COMPANY NAME


        *   Pascal    Blondet                Airbus
        *   Mark      Cathey                 Spirit AeroSystems
        *   Michael   Coleman                The Boeing Company
            Andre     Desroches              Bombardier Aerospace
        *   John      Haddock                BAE Systems MAS
        *   Henry     Johansson              Volvo Aero Corporation
        *   Frank     Mariot                 Triumph Group                          Chair
        *   Robin     McGuckin               Bombardier Aerospace
        *   Heather   Meyer                  Cessna Aircraft Co
            Tom       Nakamichi              The Boeing Company
        *   Alberto   Portal                 EADS-CASA
        *   Bradley   Richwine               Raytheon
        *   Davide    Salerno                Alenia Aeronautica
        *   Kevin     Ward                   Goodrich
        *   George    Winchester             Northrop Grumman

       Other Members/Participants Present (* Indicates Voting Member)

            NAME                            COMPANY NAME

       *    Michael    Brandt               Alcoa

       PRI Staff Present

             John     Barrett
             Scott    Klavon
                                                                         OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
                                                                                    JUNE 2010

1.2   Review of Nadcap Code of Conduct and Meeting Conduct

      The meeting attendees were reminded of the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest
      documented in the Attendees Guide on page 7 which should guide all in their participation in
      the meeting.

1.3   Review of agenda completed.

      The agenda for the meeting was discussed and no changes were made.

1.3   Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes

      The minutes from February 2011 were approved as written.

1.4   Committee Membership

      Committee voting status is reflected in the attendee listing above. Changes in current
      membership were noted. Davide Salerno (Alenia Aeronautica-Subscriber) was recognized as
      a new member of this committee replacing Rossella Andreozzi.

2.0   REVIEW ACTION ITEM STATUS

      Open action items were reviewed per the attached RAIL status. Frank Mariot identified that he
      would continue to work to monitor progress on the implementation of changes identified by
      Task Groups to bring their Audit Criteria in alignment with the new requirements added to
      NOP-001.


        Oversight RAIL
        2011-07-01.xls
.
3.0   AUDIT OBSERVATION REPORTING

      John Barrett presented the latest summary of Audit Observer Feedback from the data regularly
      posted on eAuditNet.


        Audit Observer
        Report Log.xls
      John Barrett explained that the data represents all reported audit observations by Subscribers
      since the beginning of the fourth quarter 2009. Data has been collected to be able to add
      charts to this analysis to display the observations as a percentage of audits conducted during
      the period. This new analysis will be implemented in the posted log not later than the October
      meeting.

4.0   2011 AUDIT PLAN STATUS

      Michael Coleman presented a status of the 2011 NMC Oversight Audit Plan with the attached
      presentation. Some Task Group observations will be conducted during the London meetings.
      All observations are due to be completed and reports submitted to Michael Coleman during the
      October meeting.

      It was decided that the NMC Oversight Audit shall include another survey to be sent out
      separate from the Meeting surveys that are sent to all who registered by PRI after each
      Nadcap meeting. Frank Mariot and John Barrett will meet during the week to identify the
      questions to be included in this survey to avoid the overlap of questions between the normal
      meeting survey sent to all who registered and this special Subscriber survey.



                                             Page 2 of 4
                                                                           OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
                                                                                      JUNE 2010



        NMC Oversight Audit
          Status Feb11
ACTION ITEM: Frank Mariot to meet with John Barrett to draft the Subscriber survey. The survey shall
be circulated to the Oversight Committee members for feedback prior to launching the survey for
Subscriber response. The current plan is to launch the survey in mid-August 2011. (DUE DATE: 15-
JUL-11)

5.0    NOP-004 DRAFT SUBTEAM STATUS

       Frank Mariot presented the draft of NOP-004 which was developed by Oversight Committee
       subteam who met on Monday. Attendees of this subteam meeting included: F Mariot, J
       Haddock, D Soong, G Winchester, P Blondet, B Bodemuller, D Salerno, B Richwine, D Lecuru,
       R Cashman, J Diamond, T Nakamichi, and J Barrett. The stated overall objective of this effort
       was to provide a document which more closely reflected the current NMC Oversight Audit
       process while providing the appropriate flexibility to create future audit plans which shall meet
       the needs of the NMC and meet the intent of the requirements as stated in AS7003.



           nop004 Draft
          2011-06-20.doc


       A detail review of the draft was conducted during the meeting with minor changes
       implemented based on the discussion. The NOP-004 draft will be submitted for formal ballot
       shortly following the Nadcap meeting.

ACTION ITEM: John Barrett shall submit the proposed revision of NOP-004 to the formal ballot. (DUE
DATE: 15 JUL-11)

6.0    NEW BUSINESS

       Kevin Ward and Heather Meyer reported on the progress of their world wind visits to all Task
       Groups during this London meeting. At the time of the Oversight Committee meeting all Task
       Groups had been visited with the exception of two Task Groups (Weld and Seals) who would
       be visited the following day. The results of these visits were very positive. Chemical
       Processing was noted as having documented and presented a comprehensive plan which was
       referenced during the other visits and has already been distributed as a best practice to all
       Nadcap Task Groups. Kevin and Heather reported that all Task Groups appear to be on track
       for efforts to identify what changes are needed to meet the new requirements of NOP-001 and
       appear to be clear on the objectives and expectations of the NMC. Some Task Groups shared
       that they intended to attach their plans for implementation of the Checklist Vision to future
       ballots to the NMC. Task Groups were encouraged to contact the NMC early if there are
       future questions regarding the intent of the vision. Frank Mariot stated that he intends to send
       a message to all Task Group Chairs to collect their current plans for identification of the
       checklist changes needed to meet the vision and their plans for implementation of these
       changes.




                                              Page 3 of 4
                                                                         OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
                                                                                    JUNE 2010

7.0     PROCESS MEETING FEEDBACK

        Frank Mariot and John Barrett conducted a review of how the meeting was conducted utilizing
        the recently revised form. It was suggested that this feedback form be revised or eliminated
        for future meetings. The attached feedback contains the meeting feedback provided by the
        attendees.


         tfrm04 Oversight
        Meeting Feedback 2011-06-21.doc


8.0     ADJOURNMENT

        The meeting was adjourned at 2:50 pm.

Minutes prepared by:
John Barrett, PRI Staff (barrett@sae.org)


                                  ***** For PRI Staff use only: ******

Is procedural/form changes required based on changes/actions approved during this meeting?
(select one)

YES*                                      NO

*If yes, the following information is required:



Documents requiring revision:      Who is responsible:                       Due date:


NOP-004                            Barrett, John                             15 JUL 2011




Updated RAIL based on Meeting Action Items:


  Oversight RAIL
  2011-07-01.xls




                                                 Page 4 of 4

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:4
posted:10/23/2011
language:English
pages:4