OH_S Minutes_16 February 2010 by liamei12345

VIEWS: 2 PAGES: 4

									                                                                     Minutes
                                            Sydney Institute - Ultimo Campus - OH&S Committee
                                                           Date: Tuesday, 16 February 2010
                                              Location Building D (Library) Ground Level – Room DG.40

Elected Representatives Meeting            9.00am to 10.00am

OH&S Committee                             10.00 to 11.30am

1. MEETING OPENED
   o Welcome new members: Phil Wiffen welcomed all new and returning OH&S Committee Members.

   o Election for chairperson and vice-chairperson and secretary:
     Allison La Spina asked previous chairperson and vice-chairperson and secretary to step down from their position and declared the positions vacant.
     Allison assumed the vacated chair. Allison called for nominations for the positions and the following nominations were accepted:
          Chairperson: Phil Wiffen
          Vice-chairperson: Michelle Middleton
          Secretary: Luana Caro

2. PRESENT & APOLOGIES:

Steward Kimber                         Luana Caro                             X Chu                                   Sue Holmes
Ian Henstock                           Bruce Frisch-Fay                       Steve Busuttil                          Deann Nicholl
Soraya Mendoza                         Ray Pozzato                            Phil Wiffen                             Anna Creagh
Michele Veness                         Michele Middleton                      Barry Roy                               Allison La Spina
Ivars Berzins                          Colin Howard                           Alan Munday                             Ann McMahon

Apologies were received from Craig Weston & Robert Cordia

3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES:
The minutes of the last meeting held on 24 November 2009 were reviewed. The minutes were moved by Allison La Spina and seconded by Ray Pozzato.


Sydney Institute - Ultimo Campus - OH&S Committee 16 February 2010 - Minutes                                                                         Page 1
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MEETING OF: 24 November 2009

5. CORRESPONDENCE: Nihil

6. CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER’S REPORT: – Alan Munday
           Normal start of the year
           Some activities happening in particular around Bldg G & D
           Few issues mainly early in the morning before hours of operations – security patrols have been increased around the college
           Smoking areas = security officers ask people to move to designated smoking areas, however Alan tabled that it should be everyone’s
            responsibility to ask students/staff to move to smoking areas if seen smoking elsewhere

7. OPERATION MANAGER’S REPORT: – Allison La Spina
           InSynergy = Allison will meet with Ray on Thursday 18/02 to discuss and draft a special page for OH&S in InSynergy
           Evacuation maps = Fire brigades looked at our current evacuation maps and they are not up to standard.
                                 Allison is waiting for a quote to find out costs to have all maps made.
                                 Maps possibly ready by Easter

           Ray on behalf of the elected representatives asked if there is the possibility to install InSynergy on a laptop in Bldg D so representatives how
            have not InSynergy installed on their PC could use this.
           Phil suggested to write a formal submission
           Emergency Management Programs = Lock down procedures will be in place by the end of this year – Ultimo would probably start earlier
                                                  Draft of the plan is now in SydNet and final plan will be ready shortly
                                                  There will be two training sessions: First of all Senior Staff (1 day course) and then online training for all
                                                  other staff

8. ASSET MANAGER’S REPORT: – Colin Howard
           Bldg D, level 1 = the membrane has been repaired
           Bldg D lifts = lift no 4 is now online
           Bldg K & J = passive cooling will be installed in these two buildings
           Atrium Bldg N = is complete, however there are some leaks and contractors have been asked to come back
           Lights on fire stairs = all lights are now on timer and they all go off at 11pm




Sydney Institute - Ultimo Campus - OH&S Committee 16 February 2010 - Minutes                                                                               Page 2
  9. MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE REPORT: – Ann McMahon
           Ann acknowledged the job done by Julie Frail as Management Representative in the past years
           WorkCover Inspectors in Wattle Street Cluster = Wattle Street Cluster is now working on improvements and WorkCover will be invited to speak
            at the Senior Staff meeting
           Smoking areas = there is a discussion in place to move the smoking area in front of Bldg N more toward Mary Ann Street, along side Bldg H.
                              At the moment the smoke travels into the staff offices and staff cannot open the windows.
                              Felicia Harris is following up and advised that this matter will have to go to the Executive Team for approval

  10.OH&S UNIT REPORT – Ivars Berzins
           OH&S Training = all Committee Members must have done OH&S Consultation Training. Please provide certificate to Felicia Harris. If cannot
            provide certificate book in with Felicia, training will be on 23 & 24 Feb and 2 & 3 March.
           Ray will provide 30mins of InSynergy training
           Chemical Management Program = the Chemical Register Form is now updated and on SydNet
           There are 10 OH&S programs (Chemical Safety, First Aid, etc.) that will be on SydNet by end of the week
            10.1 ACTION: Ivars will take the committee through the programs at the next meeting
           OH&S Unit in the process of making a master register of all chemical registers, which will compile and link all registers together.
           New OH&S Committee posters and contact list on SydNet = 10.2 ACTION: Ivars to update contact lists
                                                                            10.3 ACTION: All new committee members to see Ivars for new photos/posters
           New Hazard Report is now on SydNet. A copy of the incident reports are sent to Phil
           Injured staff returning to work = the brochure is now on SydNet

  11.SUB COMMITTEE REPORTS:
           HUG = HUG free activities and events are on SydNet
                 11.1 ACTION: Luana to send HUG free activities poster to all committee members for promotion

  12.GENERAL BUSINESS:
           Bldg M = it has been reported that students laying on glass windows. Allison and Ivars inspected the area and they are now waiting for
            recommendations
           InSynergy = Ray tabled → for non-educational incidents are reported to MAS who will take action and finalise them in InSynergy
                                          → for educational incidents are reported to HT’s who have no opportunity to finalise them in InSynergy
                                                  1) HT’s to ask MAS to finalise reports in InSynergy?
                                                  2) HT’s to finalise reports on a spreadsheet?


Sydney Institute - Ultimo Campus - OH&S Committee 16 February 2010 - Minutes                                                                         Page 3
            Holding bay for people in wheelchairs during evacuation = 12.1 ACTION: Ray to look at the Australian Standards for Bldg and send it to
             Allison
            Inspection pack = 12.2 ACTION: Phil & Ivars to put together a list of brochures can be useful to take with us during inspections to hand out to
             staff
            Weather station = currently in Bldg W, level 8 however not in perfect location. Bldg U or Bldg G suggested as better locations.
                              12.3 ACTION: Michelle to write a submission requestion special consideration and also a recommendation for Ultimo College
                              sites to be reviewed.
            Topic the OH&S Committee will work this year: - First Aid rooms/First Aid officers
                                                                - Psychological injuries
                                                                - Violence
                                                                - Informal rotation of representatives at inspections



CLOSURE at 11.30am

Date of Next Meeting 2 March 2010


Dates for meeting 2010
02/03/2010
04/05/2010
01/06/2010
03/08/2010
07/09/2010
02/11/2010
30/11/2010




Sydney Institute - Ultimo Campus - OH&S Committee 16 February 2010 - Minutes                                                                         Page 4

								
To top