Information Sheet: Casement and Awning
Outside and in, every Alside Casement and Awning Window makes a beautiful difference. Simple beauty
and superior design shine through in every Alside Casement or Awning Window. Maximized glass area
provides a fresh, clutter-free look that makes any view more elegant. Convenient, smooth-operating,
positive action crank mechanisms allow for effortless opening and closing. No more straining, reaching or
forcing your windows to operate.
Fully fusion-welded sash and mainframe structure adds strength and durability while the beveled exterior
sash design gives the windows the appearance of a larger glass area and an attractive slimline look.
Casements feature a multi-point locking system for a tight fit and added security. Awning Windows have
dual locking handles. Both feature a state-of-the-art hinge system that provides multi-directional ventilation
while allowing cleaning of the sash from the inside of your home.
And all Alside Casement and Awning Windows are covered by our impressive Lifetime Limited
Warranty*, backed by our 50 years of leadership and excellence in the remodeling industry.
Imagine how great your home will look with custom-made Alside Casement or Awning Windows. Use
them to redesign your home and enjoy a lifetime of classic beauty and convenient operation.
A beautiful choice for easy operation.
1. MULTI-CHAMBERED SASH AND MAINFRAME create insulating dead-air spaces for
enhanced thermal performance.
2. VIRGIN VINYL MAINFRAME AND SASHES are strong so they'll never chip, peel, crack or
warp. Their color is formulated so their beautiful finish will last.
3. STEP-DOWN FRAME WITH INNER COMPRESSION BULB SEAL provides a tight seal
even during inclement weather conditions.
4. FULLY FUSION-WELDED SASH AND MAINFRAME add strength and rigidity. Tough,
extra-thick extrusion walls provide the ultimate in fusion-welded strength.
5. INSULATED GLASS UNIT FEATURING OPTIMAL AIR SPACE improves energy saving
6. PPG INTERCEPT™ WARM EDGE SPACER SYSTEM maximizes both window energy
saving performance and the life of the insulated glass system.
7. BEVELED EXTERIOR SASH DESIGN enhances installation aesthetics for every architectural
8. METAL REINFORCED OPERATING AND LOCKING ATTACHMENT provides strong
dependable hardware operation.
9. E-GARD® CORROSION RESISTANT COATING provides years of trouble-free hinge
10. STATE-OF-THE-ART TRUTH MAXIM® OPERATING HARDWARE allows windows to be
cleaned from inside your home while providing smooth reliable operation–even on extra-large
11. MULTI-POINT LOCKING SYSTEM provides positive locking and added security along the
entire window jamb.
PLUS THESE ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
LOW-PROFILE, SINGLE-HANDLE POSITIVE LOCKING SYSTEM provides ease of
COLOR-COORDINATED HARDWARE gives windows a beautiful, clean look.
FULL OVERLAP STAYTITE™ VENT SCREEN eliminates unsightly clips or fasteners.
OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE:
ENERGY STAR® compliant ClimaTech® Insulated Glass Package
combines PPG's Low-E Glass with Argon Gas and Intercept™ Warm
Edge Spacer System for added energy efficiency.
Obscure glass available
Choose from standard, contour or brass grids
Colonial or diamond grids, as well as specialty grooved glass patterns.
Available in light oak, dark oak and cherry woodgrain interior finishes.
All models available in white or beige with optional American brown