February 29 – March 2 • Las Vegas, Nevada
Summit Week Schedule
Monday-Tuesday (Feb 27-28)
Pre-Summit Courses (see list below)
Wednesday-Friday (Feb 29-Mar 2)
5 Keynote Speakers, 40+ Breakout
Sessions, Networking, Advisory Board
Meeting, and Reception with
Performance Improvement Exhibits
Friday PM (March 2)
Astronaut Ken Mattingly
Is the Summit for You?
Golf Tournament & Night Out It is if you want to…
Summit Price: $995 USD
Keynote Speakers •
Take improvement to new heights.
Solve your company’s biggest problems.
Share Secrets of Success • Be inspired to keep improvement going.
Pre-Summit Courses & Lessons Learned •
Keep your knowledge state-of-the-art.
Learn from industry leaders.
Feb 27-28 Las Vegas, NV • Make valuable new contacts.
Mark Paradies handpicked 11 courses • See the latest TapRooT® improvements.
for the two days prior to the Summit: • Maintain your Certified TapRooT®
• TapRooT® Analyzing and Fixing Instructor status.
Safety Culture Issues • Have fun meeting new people and
learning best practices.
• Advanced TapRooT® Techniques
• Risk Analysis & Risk Management
• How to Interview & Gather Evidence
Gerry Migliaccio Rene Aguilar
Learn Best Practices
• Stopping Human Error
Interested in learning best practices?
• Getting the Most from Your Check out our Summit Best Practice
TapRooT® Software Breakout Tracks:
• Fatigue Risk Management Training • Certified TapRooT® Instructor
• Equifactor® Equipment • Healthcare Quality, Patient Safety, and
Troubleshooting & Root Cause Sentinel Events
Analysis (Special 2-Day) • Human Performance and Behavior Change
• TapRooT® Incident Investigation & Christine Cashen Beverly Chiodo
• Investigation, Troubleshooting, and
Root Cause Analysis Rene Aguilar: Rescue of 33 Chilean Miners Root Cause Analysis
• TapRooT® Quality/Six Sigma/Lean • Leading Performance Improvement
Christine Cashen: So You Think You
Advanced Root Cause Analysis Have Problems? • Quality and Corrective Action Programs
Beverly Chiodo: Character-Driven Success • TapRooT® Software Super Users/
Pre-Summit Course Price: $1,095 USD. Gerry Migliaccio: What does Senior
Register 3+ people at once and save • Safety, Process Safety,
Management Want from Incident
and Risk Management
$100 each. Save $200 each by Investigation and Root Cause Analysis?
registering for pre-Summit course and • Special Topics
Ken Mattingly: Lessons Learned from
the Summit. Apollo 13 and Space Shuttle Operations Don’t miss this Improvement Opportunity!
TIME TO GET OFF THE PERFORMANCE PLATEAU?
Feel stuck? Can’t seem to improve? You can’t apply the same old ideas and expect continuous improvement. Don’t despair. We have the
answer. The Global TapRooT® Summit. That’s where TapRooT® Users learn the latest performance enhancement techniques from world-
class experts that are being used by industry-leading companies. Learn new ideas and best practices. Take ideas from other industries
around the world and brainstorm methods for integrating them into your company. A gathering of TapRooT® Users is the best place to
network and benchmark with valuable new friends. So get off the plateau! See the future from the Summit! Bring several people—an
improvement team. You’ll be able to cover more sessions and have allies to help you mobilize your improvement revolution back at work.
Register at www.taproot.com/summit Copyright © 2011 by System Improvements, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Best Practice Tracks & Sessions
Certified TapRooT® Instructor Investigation, Troubleshooting, and Safety, Process Safety, and
• Developing Great Investigators
Root Cause Analysis Risk Management
• What is Culture & How Do You Identify & • TapRooT® Investigations & TapRooT® • TapRooT® Investigations & TapRooT®
Solve Culture Problems Using TapRooT®? Process Improvements Process Improvements
• What’s New in the TapRooT® Software? • What is Culture & How Do You Identify & • What is Culture and How Do You Identify &
• Deepwater Horizon: Solve Problems Using TapRooT®? Solve Culture Problems Using TapRooT®?
A Dramatic Portrayal • Troubleshooting Equipment Problems as • What Does Management Need to Know
• TapRooT® Users Share Part of a TapRooT® Investigation About Process Safety Improvement?
Root Cause Best Practices • Corrective Action Best Practices • Deepwater Horizon: A Dramatic Portrayal
• Certified TapRooT® • TapRooT® Users Share Root Cause • Risk Management & Safety
Instructor Best Practices Best Practices • Trends in the Workplace: Safety & Health
• Positive Contributions in • Investigation & Root Cause • Design for Reliable Performance
Facilitation & Management Interactions Analysis Insights • Using TapRooT® to Analyze Near Misses,
• Using FACT to Measure & Analyze Fatigue • The Day 29 Miners Died: At-Risk Behaviors, and Adverse Trends
(Reactive & Proactive) The UBB Mine Explosion • Planning Your Improvements
• Planning Your Improvements • Planning Your Improvements
Healthcare Quality, Patient Safety, and TapRooT® Software Super
Sentinel Events Users/Administrators
Leading Performance Improvement
• Healthcare Quality Improvement • Using the TapRooT® Software to
• Using the Balridge Criteria to Achieve • TapRooT® Implementation Perform an Investigation
Performance Improvement Success Stories
• User Experience – Web Implementation of
• What’s New in the TapRooT® Software? • What is Culture and How Do You Identify & the TapRooT® Software
• Criminal Prosecution of Accidents Solve Culture Problems Using TapRooT®? • What’s New in the TapRooT® Software?
• Developing a Fatigue Risk • What Does Management Need to Know
• Bridging the Software Knowledge Gaps
Management Plan About Process Safety Improvement? • TapRooT® Users Share Root Cause
• Positive Contributions in Facilitation & • Deepwater Horizon: A Dramatic Portrayal Best Practices
Management Interactions • Criminal Prosecution of Accidents
• How Your can Help Shape Future
• Using Electronic Medical • Investigation & TapRooT® Software
Records to Improve Healthcare Root Cause Analysis Insights • Trending Using the TapRooT® Software
Quality & Patient Safety • Designing Your Continuous
• How Pfizer Achieves
• Planning Your Improvements Improvement Program Operational Excellence
• How Pfizer Achieves • Planning Your Improvements
• Planning Your Improvements
Human Performance & Behavior Change
• Proactive Prevention of Injuries and Quality and Corrective Action Programs Special Topics
Accidents Due to Human Error • Using the TapRooT® Software to
• Ergonomic & Human Perform an Investigation
Performance Improvement • User Experience – Web Implementation of
• Getting People to Work Together the TapRooT® Software
• Changing Behavior by Praising the 49 • What Does Management Need to Know
Character Traits About Process Safety Improvement?
• Criminal Prosecution of Accidents • TapRooT® Implementation
Success Stories • Deepwater Horizon: A Dramatic Portrayal
• Using Training Simulation to Improve • Criminal Prosecution of Accidents
Human Performance • Using the Balridge Criteria to Achieve
Performance Improvement • Investigation &
• Using FACT to Analyze Fatigue Root Cause Analysis Insights
(Reactive and Proactive) • Root Cause Analysis of Quality Problems
• Corrective Action Best Practices • TapRooT® Advisory Board Meeting
• Planning Your Improvements • The Day 29 Miners Died:
• Quality Issues
• Investigation & The UBB Mine Explosion
Root Cause Analysis Insights • Planning Your Improvements
• Designing your Continuous
• How Pfizer Achieves
• Planning Your Improvements
For the complete Summit schedule, see: www.taproot.com/summit
TAPROOT® Summit 2012
Las Vegas Feb 29-Mar 2
Custom Summit Experience Registration & Discounts
It’s easy to customize your Summit experience to To register:
solve your company’s biggest challenges. 1. See the web site:
Start by selecting the Best Practice Track that helps www.taproot.com/summit
you the most. Then make the Summit fit your exact 2. Click on the Registration link.
needs by selecting sessions from other tracks or 3. Pick an optional pre-Summit Course.
from the Special Topics. 4. Pick your Best Practice Track, customize it, and pick your Special Topics.
The Best Practice sessions and Special Topics 5. Complete your contact info, payment info, & optional golf registration.
provide practical knowledge to develop effective That’s it! Get your hotel reservation and travel plans set and you are ready to go!
improvement initiatives that make you look good at
The Summit costs only $995. A pre-Summit course is $1095.
work. Plus the TapRooT® Summit networking/
benchmarking is unique because people come from Summit & Pre-Summit Course Discount:
such a wide variety of industries, professions, & Attend the Summit and a pre-Summit course and save $200 (just $1890 for both).
countries. Summit attendees have described the Multiple Attendee Discounts: Bring 3 or more people to the Summit, get $100
networking as meeting “… the leading performance off ($895 each). For a pre-Summit course? $100 off ($995 each). Both? Just $1690
improvement and root cause experts from around each - a $400 savings! (Sign up everyone on the same invoice to get the discount.)
the world.” Large Group: Have a group of 10+? Call 865-539-2139 for an added discount.
Safety experts share with Lean/Six Sigma
professionals, who share with human performance
experts, who share with patient safety experts, who
To maintain your status as a Certified TapRooT® Instructor, you must attend a pre-
share with equipment reliability engineers, who
Summit Course and the Summit once every two years. Register for the TapRooT®
share with risk managers, who share with … the list
Certified Instructor Track and you will receive the latest TapRooT® Course material.
goes on and on.
Don’t miss the Summit!
Sign up now at www.taproot.com/summit
TapRooT® Advisory Board Meeting
The TapRooT® Advisory Board will meet Thursday afternoon. Also, there will be a
TapRooT® Advisory Board Dinner Thursday night. Advisory Board members,
Summit Guarantee watch for your invitation e-mail and be sure to pick the meeting from the Special
TapRooT® Summit attendees rave about the well- Topics sessions.
organized event with excellent speakers, practical
best practice sessions, valuable networking, and
fun activities. Add to this the highly rated pre-
For discount travel, use the Summit official travel agent: World Ventures Tours &
Summit Courses and you have an amazing week
Travel. Call 800-225-4386. The Summit will be held at The Flamingo Las Vegas. A
that jumpstarts performance improvement. That’s
limited number of rooms are available at a special rate of $79/night.
why we have no hesitation offering this guarantee:
Newly renovated “Go Rooms” are available for $109/night,
Attend the Summit. Go back to work and and the government rate is $93/night.
use what you’ve learned. If you don't get at To book through the hotel directly, call 888-373-9855.
least 10 times the return on your Ask for the TapRooT® block of rooms.
investment, just return the materials and
we’ll refund the entire Summit fee. Credits for Attending
A guaranteed conference? Unheard-of! But you can Summit attendees receive 2 CEUs when they attend the Summit, and 2.5 CIH CM
be confident that your time will be well spent. Points. Pre-Summit courses offer 1.6 CEUs and 2 CIH CM Points.
Unwind & Network with Some Summit Fun!
Summit Reception Summit Scramble Golf Tournament
The 2012 TapRooT® Summit Charity Golf Tournament will be held
The Summit Reception will take place Wednesday, February 29, at Rio Secco Golf Club in Henderson, Nevada on Friday afternoon
2012 after the first full day of learning and sharing. Explore our (March 2, 2012). Money raised will be donated to the Oasis of
exhibits, network with new colleagues, enjoy delicious food, and Love Women's Shelter in Clinton, Tennessee. The cost to register
have a little fun while you’re at it! As always, the Summit reception is $125.00 per player (payable at registration - includes greens fee,
is free of charge and you may bring a guest to join the fun. cart, lunch, and applicable tax), and op-
tional club rental is $50.00 (reserve them
Keep an eye on our Summit website (www.taproot.com/summit) at registration, pay when you arrive).
for more details on this year’s event!
Any questions about the Summit? Call us at 865-539-2139 and we’ll be glad to answer them.
Exceptional Cutting-Edge 11 Pre-Summit Courses
Speakers Best Practice Tracks To Amplify Your Experience
Interested in learning best practices? • TapRooT® Analyzing and Fixing Safety
Attend a Best Practice breakout track: Culture Issues
• Advanced TapRooT® Techniques
• Certified TapRooT® Instructor • Risk Analysis & Risk Management
• Healthcare Quality, Patient Safety, and • How to Interview & Gather Evidence
Sentinel Events • Stopping Human Error
• Human Performance and Behavior • Getting the Most from Your
• Investigation, Troubleshooting, and
• Fatigue Risk Management Training
Root Cause Analysis
• Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting
• Leading Performance Improvement
& Root Cause Analysis (Special 2-Day)
• Quality and Corrective Action Programs
• TapRooT® Incident Investigation &
• Safety, Process Safety, and Risk
Management Root Cause Analysis
For more information see: • TapRooT® Software Super Users/ • TapRooT® Quality/Six Sigma/Lean
www.taproot.com/summit Administrators Advanced Root Cause Analysis Training
TAPROOT®Summit Invitation PRSRT STD
SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS, INC. PAID
238 S. Peters Road, Knoxville, TN 37923-5224 USA
Phone: 865-539-2139 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Augusta, GA
Permit No. 231
ADDRESS SERVICE REQUESTED
Don’t gamble with your improvement program!
Recommended by Past Attendees : Join us in Las Vegas. Visit: taproot.com/summit
• “The TapRooT® Summit continues to be the best
gathering I’ve ever attended.”
• “Outstanding! Great combination of technical breakout
sessions and self-introspective/self-growth speakers. Las Vegas, Nevada
Also, top-flight peers to talk to and share ideas with.” February 29 – March 2, 2012
• “This week inspired me to go home and revitalize my
improvement program. The networking with others in
my field was well worth the money.” Mark says:
“Don’t miss this
• “The keynote speakers were way beyond my
expectations. Networking opportunities were excellent.”
• “Each year I think, ‘This can’t get any better.’…and
every year it does. Thanks for the great job organizing
this event.” Copyright 2011 by System Improvements, Inc. Knoxville, TN. Duplication allowed to share Summit information with others.