Atoms and Periodic Table Test
Chap.4 Sec 1 page 102
Chap. 4 Sec 2 page 109
Chap. 4 Sec 3 page 118
Chap. 4 Sec. 4 page 128
All Sec. Assessments
All Guided Reading Work Sheets
1. The first periodic table was arranged in elements by the order of ?
2. How was the periodic table change in the 1900’s?
3. Know the following scientist: Niels Bohr, John Dalton, E Rutherford, JJ
4. What group of metals is most reactive?
5. In an atom, the number of protons equals the number of?
6. Which particles in atoms have a negative electric charge?
7. Atoms of the same element that contain different numbers of neutrons are?
8. Electrons travel in the __________________?
9. Atoms that lose and electron are____________ and gain a proton are _____?
10. The horizontal rows on the periodic table are_______ the vertical are _____?
11. What is the family on the periodic table?
12. Elements that transmit heat and electricity a display the property known as
13. The chemical reactivity of metals tends to _____ from left to right across the
14. What is Dalton’s Atomic Theory?
15. Metals are _____at room temp. Nonmetals are _____at room temp.
Metalloids are _____at room temp.
16. _________is the simplest and smallest atom.?
17. What Group reacts most violently with water and in which Group is it likely
to be found?
18. What does the zig-zag line represent on the periodic table?
19. How many elements did Mendeleev have on the 1st periodic table and how
many space did he leave open?
20. What 2 metals are liquid at room temp.?
21. Helium is a _______on the periodic table?
22. Nonmetals are located where on the periodic table?
23. What are the Characteristics of Metals?
8th Grade Answers to Study Guide
1. Increasing atomic mass
2. They used atomic number instead of atomic mass
4. Group 1
8. electron clouds/outside the nucleus
10.periods / groups
11.The vertical columns of the periodic table (there are 18) are called groups
14.Look it up--------Write it down
15.solid. gases solid
18.separates metals from nonmetals
19.he had 63 and 3 blanks
20.Hg an Br
21. Noble gas
23.Shiny, malleability, ductility, and conductivity.